***ICE & FISHING REPORT***MILLE LACS*** 12/25/2018**MERRY CHRISTMAS**
With the exception to snowmobiles, and track machines, our Ice roads will be closed Wednesday, December 26th and weather permitting, we are hoping to open back up Friday afternoon, December 28th.
After we open things back up we will likely have the following Zones back in service:
Zone 1 - Open to ATV or SxS, 1/2 tons pulling single axle and ATVs pulling Tandems. Zone 1 goes out 1.25 miles from shore just south of half moon. 16 inches of ice.
Zone 2 - Open to ATV or SxS, ATV or SxS pulling single axle or 1/2 ton trucks only. This area is 1.75 miles out from shore. 14 inches of ice.
Zone 3 - ATV and SxS traffic only. Staked 3 miles out into Otto's reef. 14 inches of ice with an ATV bridge to get to this area.
We are pulling houses out with a SxS for a small fee. Please call ahead and let us know you are coming.
People are catching plenty of fish so far this weekend. Here are a few photos of what has been caught so far.
People have been doing good with catching Walleye in the deeper water during the day (18-20 ft) and shallower at night (9-14 ft). The Perch are everywhere in the bay and because of that so are the Northern. However, there have been more reports of Northen being caught by Mulvey Island (Goat Island).
We have pulled out our 3 Ice Castles and they are now available for rent!
We also have 3 cabins available for rent for just $99 per night. Book online now to reserve your stay!
Beachside Resort is conveniently located on the southern shores of Lake Mille Lacs in Wahkon, MN. In Wahkon you can find bait and gas at the Morning Star Market, breakfast and lunch at the Anchor Cafe, and great Food and adult beverages at the Wahkon Inn and Muggs! Beachside Resort is now offering LP services for your propane needs!
What to Bring:
All of our sleeper houses include propane, heaters, stove tops, rattle reels and drilled holes.
Items you may want to bring:
- Fishing Poles & Tackle
- Fishing License (You can find them at most bait shops and gas stations in the area, or at the Morning Star gas station right down the road in Wahkon)
- Food and Beverages
- Pots and/or Pans and utensils for cooking. There are 3 different cafe/restaurant/bar options for food and drinks in Wahkon too!
- Sanitizing wipes for cleaning cooking area and hands.
- Pillows/sleeping bags and or blankets (We have mattress pads but there are not blankets and pillows)
If you have any questions, please call us at (320) 738-1420.
- Check is at 11:00 AM.
- Check out is 10:00 AM. If you want a late check out than you will need to ask in advance. Many times we will have people checking into the same house at 11 AM, which only gives us 1 hour to turn the house. So late checkouts need to be verified in advance.
- If you litter down a hole, under the fish house, or around your house, we will charge a $100 fee and we may report you to the DNR. We love Mille Lacs Lake and show it great respect and we expect the same of our customers. (DNR has a littering fine of $300)
- If you soil the banking around the fish house with anything, you will be charged up to $50 to re-bank or $100 to move the house. We want every customer to have a fresh looking area when they arrive so please help us out. If we have to move the house because the area is soiled than you will be charged for it,
- You must adhere to our speed limit which is 10-15 mph. Driving fast on the lake creates waves below the surface and safety concerns for you and others. Failing to abide by the speed limits will result in early termination with no refunds.
Ice House Bookings
Tax will be applied if you are booking online. It will be removed from any balance due after your reservation is confirmed and booked.